The Amazon Fund Guidance Committee ( COFA), extinguished by Decree nº 9.759, April 11th, 2019, was responsible for establishing the guidelines of the Amazon Fund, monitoring information on the application of its resources and approving the Activity Report of the Amazon Fund.
COFA also ensured that the initiatives supported by the Amazon Fund were in line with those established in the PPCDAm and ENREDD+.
The Guidance Committee was constituted by representatives of governments and society, represented by eight agencies of the federal government, nine states of the Brazilian Legal Amazon and six representatives of civil society.
- Ministry of the Environment
- Ministry of Industry, Foreign Trade and Services
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Agriculture, Cattle-raising and Food Supply
- Ministry of Justice and Citizenship – National Indian Foundation (FUNAI)
- Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation
- Chief of Staff of the Presidency of the Republic
- The Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES)
- Mato Grosso
- National Confederation of Industry (CNI)
- Coordination of the Indigenous Organization of the Brazilian Amazon (COIAB)
- National Confederation of Agricultural Workers (CONTAG)
- Brazilian Forum of NGOs and Social Movements for the Environment and Development (FBOMS)
- National Forum for Forest-based Activities (FNABF)
- Brazilian Society for the Progress of Science (SBPC)